I.D.E.N.T.I.T.Y.

" So I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them.But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from,we can still choose where we go from here. We can still do things and we can try to feel okay about them."
      So, true right?! Yes, we are who we are. I am who I am and nothing can change that.A lot of factors contribute to who we are, be it biological or environmental factors.Nurture or Nature. You simply cant erase all of that, it is a part of you and always will be. We might at times be ashamed of who we are or feel happy about ourselves. But this doesn't matter after all. Right now, at this very moment I am a successful person not only because I was brought up and taught this way, but because I made all the choices, I chose my path and used my  power wisely and attained success,this is how it works.
       We make choices and take decisions in every single moment of our lives.This process happens constantly whether you are aware of it or not. Be it the colour of your dress or the combination of your future studies. What we do is that, we choose the option which seems more feasible and appealing to us at that moment. They say, your destiny is in your hands, so shape it wisely.Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice.It is not a thing to be waited for,but to be achieved. So it is the decisions and choices we make shape us into who we are. All those reasons that make us who we are should not affect our decision making. You have the power to define yourself, don't let anybody else sabotage that power. These reasons are a huge set of excuses that we use as a tool to escape from facing the dirty reality. You can go on about how you ended up here in this world because of this and that... I wouldn't be here if my parents hadn't met. I think about that kind of stuff most of the time but trust me the list is endless.Then I just stop after a point of time when I just feel glad that I am here today and wrap it up by appreciating the serendipity ness of it all. The whole concept of who I am, fascinates me so much. Have you ever ruminated over stuff like that?
     Who we are and what we have evolved into being are two different things. Choose wisely, you have the power with you to shape and direct yourself into a marvellous sculpture and what you were doesn't matter.So, keep going and participate in life, do things that you love to do and seek happiness in them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malaysia, truly Asia!

Womaniya

The Festival of Lights.