The Fantasy-tic Diaries.

I glanced at the mirror for the hundredth time now; to touch up my make up and run my fingers through my hair again and again feeling the silky soft just- conditioned –princess hair. I was dressed in an adorable white dress with a lacy netted neck piece attached with a big satin bow to tie at the back. I don’t even know what that dress is called; mum had got that one for me. It felt so pretty and I just fell in love with that gorgeous thing. I put on my kitten heels and went looking for my clutch and successfully spotted it under my almirah. I had to hurry, it was past six and I was supposed to reach the venue by six. (Getting ready is not what I do the best)
I was part of organizing the grand gala reunion of the 2013 graduating batch from Kendriya Vidyalaya NAL.  (even though we are about 20 of us now. But originally we started off with just nine crazy teenagers, like the population of India our cozy little family grew and is further expanding)
 Like I said, dressing up is not what I do quite often; neither do I wear makeup on a daily basis. I feel that if you look explicit and extraordinary everyday then when it comes to those extraordinary days you look very ordinary. But most the times I am just lazy to dress up and all that. The thought of managing the subtle, precious and sometimes heavy jewellery; getting all this through the sweat, confusion and hustle bustle of such special occasion is simply exhausting. I am happy with my pajamas and sweatshirts. I set aside all the dressing up and make up only for such special occasions. And this one clearly was a very special one. I was in cloud nine to meet these people and smother them with all the excitement and love. It was almost five years since we all came together and had a nice lovely chat. We were all "grown-ups" now, in our early twenties busy with college and establishing a life for ourselves, we hardly had any time for social networking sites and moreover most of us had moved out of Bangalore for “further” studies. So this called for a get together.
 It was a beautiful September night and as for Bangalore’s weather which is always so unpredictable, that night Lord Indra had blessed us with a very pleasant forecast. I was very pleased since it was a roof top garden party and the weather was one of the key quotients. I was impatient to add yet another memorable and unforgettable day of my life.
 I was completely drowned in the river of nostalgia, ever green memories of my glory days came flushing to me. Just as I was lost in my thoughts, my phone rang. “Holy Shit!” I gasped and ran to grab my vespa keys. It was a wide pedo smiling face of adobo aka Advay Sharma (– a handsome young man who was about to deep fry me in his deep manly voice for getting late. By the way, he is pursuing his law and he happens to be a very talented and charming boy) was flashing on my phone, I picked up the call thinking of an excuse quickly. “Where the hell are you?” yelled adobo. “On my way yaar, will see you in another fifteen minutes” I replied calmly. “Ok! And do not forget to grab those paneer tikkas on the way.” He reminded me. “Ohh yeah, I will! Is Pooh there yet? Just ask her to take care of the music and stuff. And I got a call from Ani, he is on his way from the airport and he needs a place to freshen up. Arrange it for him. Will ya?!” I stuffed him with more work. “I will take care of that Madame. Get your ass up here ASAP now.” He cut the call saying that.
The last minute arrangement, push and pull, arrangement, non cooperating annoying people, scarcity of ice cubes, the music system getting stuck, your veggie starters not arriving on time. All these things are the part and parcel of organizing a social event. We also had to face such gala catastrophes, but it didn’t matter much because it was going to be us and it would be special no matter what. I ducked the ever traffic jammed roads of Bangalore, almost got hit by an auto rickshaw  and reached the beautiful posh housing area of Koramangala. God the houses are like castles. Absolutely splendid! 
*honk honk* " Bhaiyaa, Open the gate!" I screamed, sitting on my vespa outside addu's really gorgeous huge castle like house. A lanky elderly man came running. I parked my vespa and ran up to the terrace in a hurry. I could hear the sound to glasses clicking, soft music on the background, a few excited voices and the aroma of the sizzling kababs were simply mesmerizing. I reached the terrace and boy I was bewildered. 
to be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All is well that ends well.

Womaniya

"Everything is fair in love and war."